Brantley got his last 2 required immunizations today. He has known for a while that he had 2 left and that he would probably get them in July. Well, kindergarten registration is Monday. So, to have a complete shot record we went ahead and got the shots today. Yesterday, on the way home, he brought up the shots for some reason. I said, "Speaking of those shots, we are going to the doctor's office tomorrow to get them so you can get them out of the way and we won't have to worry about them anymore." He proceeded to get upset about it. He asked if shots were bad for you. I explained that shots are very good for you and that they keep us from getting really bad diseases. After hearing that the shots are good for you, he felt better. He even said to me last night that he liked shots. So today, I picked him up after lunch and we headed to the doctor's office. He told me he was going to be big and brave. He was really good until the nurse actually got the shot out and he saw it. I told him just to close his eyes and breathe deep. Too late. He was freaking out. So, I hugged him and held his arms while one nurse held his legs and another did the shots. It sounds more dramatic than it really was. He cried and cried. As I was getting his shot record and the shot fact sheets, the one nurse helped him down and took him to the stickers. Since he got 2 shots, he got to get 2 stickers. That helped a bit. I had to go into work for just a few minutes so I took Brantley with me. He went limping by Nicole's desk, probably so she would feel sorry for him. It must have worked because she gave him M & Ms and Cheetos. And Roberta gave him a 'cherry' sucker. It was really strawberry but we told him it was cherry. Then he went and got chocolate from Heather's candy bowl. It's a wonder I could contain him after all of that! He was milking it when we got home. I had to pick him up and pick him in his seat for dinner. He sat upstairs on the couch with daddy and barely got up. And, when he went to bed he usually asks to go get water but this time he asked daddy to get water for him. Just pitiful. Hope those thighs are better for tomorrow's T-ball practice!
Oh, I almost forgot the "Hey, that's my line part." We went grocery shopping after we left my office and on the way I looked back and Brantley was dozing off. I asked him if he wanted to go home for a nap instead and he said "I'm just resting my eyes!" and I say "Hey, that's my line!"
No comments:
Post a Comment