Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Saturday night in the country

You probably have to be from the country to appreciate this story, but I think it's funny. We spent the night with my parents Saturday. For dinner, my dad wanted to go out. There is this new place called Cheddars and they haven't been there yet. Mom says it will be too busy - it's Saturday night. So, how about the Sam's Club. Yes, I'm talking about Sam's Warehouse club. They have these pizzas you can buy, bring home and bake that are really good. You can also have them bake them there and eat them there. Mom had one in the freezer, so I said we should just bake that one. We decided to do that and then go out for desert at the Dairy Queen. (Joe Dirt fans can appreciate that!) Well, the pizza didn't turn out right. Lesson learned - bring home the Sam's pizza and bake it, don't freeze it! Well, we ate it anyway. The crust got a little crispy. It reminded me of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation when they are trying to eat the turkey that had cooked for a week. Get the picture? After dinner, Brantley had a game of soccer in the kitchen with Grandma. Funny how grandparents are so much more fun that parents. He kept calling her Grammy (not sure where that came from) and saying "Grammy's losing!" He also kept changing the rules on how to score points. After the game it was off to the Dairy Queen. It had been so long since I had ice cream from there. Yummy! Dad got the large caramel sundae, Mom got a medium cone, I got a small hot fudge sundae and Brantley got a kids cone dipped in chocolate which he proceed not to touch. So, mom took the chocolate and I took the ice cream. Couldn't let it waste! How's that for a Saturday night?

No comments: