Welcome to Spring baseball! It was cold for practice this morning. But, the kids did great. Brantley's attention span was lacking this morning. All he wanted to do was hit, but what's new about that. He did a great job and is all about hitting being pitched to. He doesn't want a tee anymore. We went to Academy Sports to find him some cleats - 'cause everyone else has them and why not? He's about wore out his tennis shoes anyway so I figure we can save his tennis shoes and he can wear cleats in the clay. I found some Nike ones that had a removable pad in the back that gives them another half size. So, the shoes are basically a size too big but with the pad in the back he has a half size of growing room. We also got a red equipment bag to hold all of his stuff. Last week, they had a pole with a ball on the end that they were using with the kids. I saw one at the Academy called the Hit-a-way Target Swing Trainer. It came with a DVD. It wasn't expensive so I grabbed one. We were out in the yard practicing and I think it will really help him with his swing, especially since I can't pitch. I can hold that and help him practice. I really do try to pitch but I'm not good at it. I just put the DVD in and he sat right down to watch it. The guy is explaining the basics of how to stand and where your arms should be. Brantley keeps asking "When's he going to hit the ball?" One track mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment