It's Saturday morning, 6:45 A.M. I really don't want to get up yet. Lawson has gone to the gym and here comes Brantley. In an attempt to get him to go back to sleep, I let him crawl in bed with me. He lays there for a little while, asking when we can get up. Finally he yawns. I say, "See, you're still sleepy too!." To which Brantley replies, "That was not even a yawn. That was taking a deep breath." Smarty pants.
Later that morning, I'm on the phone with my mom. She says to tell Brantley she hopes he has a good time at T-ball today. Brantley pulls up his short legs and looks at his band aids. He shakes his head and says, "I don't know if I can even run anymore." He still won't let me take the band aids off. And, during practice Brantley asks me if I told Coach Waldo about his shots. I said yep, both of your coaches know that you got 2 shots yesterday. Yep, keep milkin' it.
No comments:
Post a Comment