Baseball Swing
Saturday, April 15, 2006
The rash is back...
Well, the small red bumps that Brantley had came back for the fourth time. We noticed it last night. I decided this time not to treat it and to take him back to the doctor. Brantley's pediatrician's office has a walk-in clinic open on Saturdays which is nice. Brantley also started running a fever last night. He said his head hurt and his tummy hurt. Classic strep symptoms. The last time he had strep he had those exact symptoms. We went to the doctor and his rapid strep and the test they sent off were both negative. Not even a week later we were back in the doctor's office and it was strep. So, this morning we went to the doctor. We saw a physicians assistant. I guess they are like nurse practitioners. I like them because they are so thorough. She looked at the rash and said it wasn't a bug or spider bite like the doctor thought a month ago. It can't be because it keeps coming back. She is referring us to a dermatologist to find out what it is. She also did a strep test since he had the classic symptoms. It of course was negative. Brantley hasn't eaten hardly anything today. I'm betting we'll be back at the doctor by Friday. Oh, we also had to miss t-ball pictures and his game. And, we were going to go to Cookeville but decided against it in case he does end up with strep. I'd hate for him to pass it to his cousins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment