Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bowling gone bad.

Well, today was Brantley's friend's birthday party at the bowling alley. This was Brantley's first trip to the bowling alley. All was great until Brantley got hurt. He wasn't listening, as usual. The lanes they were bowling on were mini lanes. For some reason the balls were not all coming all the way back up so they were staying in between the lanes. So, the boys decided to go and get them. I went in and sent the boys back and put all the balls up in the hopper or whatever you call it. The balls still kept getting stuck, so Brantley decides to go get one and WHAM, gets hit with another one. His pinky finger was smashed between two mini bowling bowls. He cried and cried. We finally had to leave early. I almost didn't take him to the ER but it looked really bad. I decided to err on the side of caution and just make sure that it wasn't broken. We were there for 2 and a half hours. As we were sitting there, other more critical cases came in. A pregnant lady came in. Not sure if she was in labor, I only heard her say her baby wasn't due for another month. They took her right back. Then, a man came in with his daughter, went right up to the desk and slammed down a bottle of tylenol, I think, and told them his daughter just took a bottle of medicine. She went back pretty quick. I sure she's regretting it now - probably got her stomach pumped. Then a couple came in with a baby, and I think I heard them say she had swallowed something, was having trouble breathing and was blowing bubbles. Then the kid started screaming. Obviously not choking - she wouldn't be screaming like that. Then she started turning colors - some kind of rash I guess. I figured she was just turning red because she was screaming so much. The dad was all freaked out and went to the desk saying she was getting worse and they needed to see someone right then. They got her back pretty quickly. Then a girl in a soccer uniform came in with an injury. We got to go in before her. We had to see 6 different people just to get an x-ray of Brantley's pinky finger. While we were waiting for the x-ray, another girl in the same soccer uniform came in. Must have been a rough soccer game. Finally, we got and x-ray and nothing was broken. Just a really bad bruise. They wrapped it up and sent us on our way. I think that baby was still screaming when we left. Hope they figure out what she swallowed.

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Oh no! What a day! so glad nothing was broken, but Brant looks so sad and traumatized by his ER experience!