Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Friday, April 20, 2007

Discipline

I admit it. I'm extremely over-protective when it comes to Brantley. I'm trying to do better. Brantley has made friends with the 8 year old from across the street. He's a nice kid, but neither one of them seeme to have any sense of what it means to play safe outside. I had to keep reminding Brantley not to play in the street and to look both ways when crossing. Then, Brantley wanted his friend to stay for dinner. I said I hadn't been to the store and we didn't have much but I could make them some mac'n cheese. They both wanted it so I started making it. Then they took off. The mac was ready and I called several times for Brantley and he did not come. I knew he was probably in another friends yard but he didn't tell me he was going anywhere. So, I went to retrieve him. I brought him home and told him that I called several times and he didn't hear me. If he can't hear me, he has gone to far and he had better be telling me where he's going if he does that. He was very upset, but I felt the need to be stern. If I'm not, the next thing I know he'll be in the next neighborhood without telling me. He went to see if his friend still wanted to have mac'n cheese and it sounded like his friend didn't talk to him which made him more upset. I hope his friend wasn't upset. At any rate, I have set the rules and Brantley knows if he can't follow them, then he can't play outside with his friends.

No comments: