The idea for this weekend actually came up because I got some tickets from work for a Huntsville Stars game. When our office manager told me about it, I thought it would be a good opportunity to visit my friend Michelle who I don't really see very often. So, I told her I would take six tickets.
I guess I never really thought about how close Huntsville is. It actually took less time to get there than it does to get the Cookeville. Michelle was so happy we were com
ing to visit. We've known each other for probably 20 years but just don't see each other much now that we've both left Cookeville. What's really cool is her husband works for Nasa (actually he's a contract worker but hopefully will be working directly for Nasa soon). He knows all about the shuttle and the space center. Pretty cool having your own personal tour guide.Brantley was immediatly facinated. He was exclaiming "Cool" and "Wow". I think Lawson had a good time too actually learning some stuff that you don't learn just by reading the display discriptions.
One really cool display was a wooden model of how the lunar rover is designed to fold up. Brantley immediately knew what to do. (I'll try to get a link to the video soon. - video)
So, the whole reason we came to Huntsville was to go to a baseball game. After we left the space center, we went to Rosie's Cantina. I'd highly recommend them - excellent Mexican food. After we left the restaurant, we headed to the stadium and guess what. A thunderstorm cropped up. So, we're thinking maybe it will be just a rain delay. Nope, the game was called due to weather. And, to make it worse the game the next day was sold out so we couldn't use our tickets to go to that game. Kinda ironic that the reason that we planned the weekend was the game and we didn't get to see a game. But, Brantley and Travis did get an excellent bat at the entrance.
2 comments:
Welcome to the world of Blogging!
I meant to say more, but I didn't know how to create the blogger identity and such. (I also put a link to your blog from mine). That's a bummer about the game but it sounds like you all had fun anyway.
Post a Comment