Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Birthday

Okay, I know I didn't start the blog until the fifth of August, but this warrants a back in time post. It was in the same week anyway. This year, I turned thirty. I have left the twenty-somethings and now I'm supposed to grow up. Well, this year Lawson surprised me with his gift. On Tuesday, I received a package from ProFlowers, Lawson's preferred flower provider. I figured it was roses, but to my surprise it was peruvian lillies(on the right). They looked pretty sad actually, but once they soaked up the water they were beautiful. So, Wednesday Lawson calls and asks if I received any more packages. No, why would I. Later on he calls again. Jeez. So I go up to the front desk and there is another box from ProFlowers. This one was a mix of yellow asiatic lillies and blue iris. Actually, I don't know why they call them blue, they are really purple. Everyone around me is thinking why is she getting more flowers. So then Lawson says since he isn't any good at picking out gifts, he was just going to send me flowers all week. So on Thursday, the third (and last) package arrived. I guess there were three because I'm now three decades old. I opened it up expecting roses again. But no, Gerbera Daisies. A very nice change from roses. They are so pretty. So, now my cube has turned into a florist. All I need is a sign.

By the way, check out the twin daisy...

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

How thoughtful of Lawson! And now your desk looks like a garden.

Happy Birthday!