Brantley's school puts a group together each year to participate in the kids marathon. Last school year I didn't even look at the paper when it came home. I just thought, he can't run a marathon. But, they had 90 kids running last year. So, this past fall when the paper came home I actually looked at it. It's modified so the kids are supposed to accumulate 25 miles prior to running the last mile at the marathon. They run the same last mile as the real marathon. So, I signed him up and he started tracking his miles with track club last fall. The weather this spring wasn't really good for track club so he missed a few weeks and came in short on the 25 miles. Here is the group of 3rd grade boys. There were 2 more that showed up after I took this picture. I have no idea what his time was and I'm not really sure they tracked it for the kids like they do for the real marathon. Thank goodness the weather turned out okay and I think it was a good experience for him.

Here are Brantley and Hunter after the finish.

And, a video of him finishing the race.
No comments:
Post a Comment