Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tennessee Falls!

It will be Nebraska vs. Florida in the championship game Saturday. I took Brantley to watch the game tonight. Zack scored 8 points in the first period for Tennessee. He sat out the second period and Florida was ahead at the half. Then, Zack came back in for the third period and Florida took him out. I say that because he hurt his knee and sat on the bench with an ice pack the remainder of the game. I learned afterwards, though, that he hurt himself fouling the player he was guarding and fouled out of the game. I had seen him earlier in the game showing some attitude to the ref. He even spiked the ball right in front of the ref. I guess he learned it from the coach because the coach was yelling and arguing with the ref in the fourth period. Florida won 26 to 14. I hate that Tennessee's perfect season had to end like that, but I hope the coach learned that he has to coach a team, not the star player. We could have had that exact situation on Brantley's team with Jeremiah, but our coach made a point of making Jeremiah pass the ball and play as a team. He has built a great team. Everyone has contributed to their winning season. Saturday should be a great game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brantley,

Will see you at the game Saturday.
1:15 right?

GO HUSKERS!

Pop & Grandma :))