Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Game 5: Blue Sox Vs. Team 6

WOW! That's about all I can say. The game tonight was amazing. All of our guys were on tonight. Brantley hit a triple with a grounder to the fence. It was awesome. He also threw 3 outs. One was from the outfield in. I didn't see it, but Lawson said it was an impressive throw. He had a couple of other really good throws but the connection with the other player didn't happen. The Blue Sox won 17 to 8. I don't think anyone has told the coach any of the scores, but he knows they are doing well. You can tell he's loving it. I really like these coaches because they are always stressing having fun and being good sportsmen. They give a run down after the game and recognize good plays from everyone. And, for encouragement, they announce an MVP instead of giving a game ball. Brantley didn't get the MVP tonight, but he says he's working hard so he can get it. He understands that a break out game for him is different from a break out game for a less experienced player. And, it doesn't hurt when the coach tells him he had the ESPN highlight. I think that's what Brantley said he told him during the before game practice.

No comments: