Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dog Update

The dog is definitely not used to being on a cable. She keeps getting tangled up. Yesterday, she got wrapped around one of my rose bushes that I planted earlier this year and ripped it out of the ground. I went out to replant it - in the rain I might add - and she was all excited and was running around. She ran all around me and the cable caught me behind the ankles and down I went. Not a pretty sight. Today, she was wrapped around the rose bush again. I saw it when I got home and it was still in the ground. But, she was so excited to see me, out it came again. So, I replanted it, once again. I think it will be okay since the ground was so muddy from all the rain recently. I think the root cause of her getting tangled around it is that she likes to drink out of the bird bath. No matter that she has clean water specifically for her, she prefers the bird bath. So, I moved the bird bath in hopes of preserving my rose bush. We'll see what happens.

On another note, it looks like Brantley has decided on Coco Chanel for the dog's name. When we were thinking about Cocoa as a name, Grandma had asked me if were going to spell it like Cocoa or like Coco Chanel. Brantley had already been asking what the dog's middle name was going to be, so when I told him the name Coco Chanel, he liked it. He's been calling her Coco and sometimes Brown Dog. She really doesn't answer to either though. Once the weather gets better, I'll take some more pictures of her.

No comments: