Last week, I threatened Brantley that if he did not start behaving, I would put him on the list of kids that had to stay back and didn't get to go on the field trip. He didn't believe me that there was such a list, so when I dropped him off, I showed it to him. There are various reasons why kids would be on the list, but Brantley's reason is punishment! The girl at the desk was wondering what I was doing so I explained. I told him sometimes I just don't know what else to take away and not getting to go on a field trip would be good motivation. Of course like everyone else, she was surprised to hear that Brantley even has a behavior problem. At least I feel pretty sure that he behaves for everyone else.
So, this morning after I asked him three times to get up and get dressed, and Lawson went back there to try to get him dressed and he still didn't, I pulled the card. He wouldn't cooperate, wouldn't get dressed, threw a fit about brushing his teeth and putting on suntan lotion. I gave him so many chances and warned him that he would not go swimming. Finally, I had to do it. I told Lawson to put Brantley on the list when he dropped him off. Brantley started crying and was so upset. I left for work because I was already running late. Lawson called me after he dropped Brant off and wasn't happy about having to be the bad guy. He said Brantley went back and sat down and cried.
I felt really bad when I got to work. I kept thinking about calling and telling them he could go swimming, but I didn't. About 11 I got a call. They were confused because Brantley had on his swim trunks and had his towel. The girl that called was the one that I had talked to last week and she said she figured that was what happened. I told her he could go. It had ruined his morning and I felt like he had to have learned his lesson.
He didn't say anything about it when I picked him up. When Lawson asked him about it, he lied and said he didn't go swimming. What was he thinking!! First off, even if I didn't already know, his towel was wet and a dead give away which I pointed out to him. We had to have a long talk about it. Hopefully, he understands. If not, no field trip Thursday. We'll see what happens
No comments:
Post a Comment