
Baseball Swing
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Brantley at Work
Yesterday was the big "Grand Opening" of our new headquarters at my work. We moved in about a month ago and it's still not finished inside, but they had the "Grand Opening" anyway. Since the company just laid off a lot of people, we won't be having the normal summer company picnic that they usually spend a lot of money on. They just combined that with this event so family could come visit the new building. They did have a couple of large inflatables and a rock climbing wall for kids and big kids to play on. We also had a visit from the Chick-fil-A cow. Wow. I can hardly contain myself. We did have hamburgers and hot dogs, but being health conscious, no chips. We also had grilled chicken and turkey burgers with salad and fruit as sides. They did have some cookies and I think I saw a slushie station for the kids. It was supposed to last until 8, but about 5:30 my friend said they were starting to clean up the food so we better get over there to eat. Brantley was playing with his friend Ben and his little brother Chase. Did I mention that his mom now works where I do? She started there about a month after I did. Small world. Anyways, the boys didn't want to go eat, but we made them take a break from playing so we could get something. Brantley was going to split a burger with me, but decided after I got it that he wanted it all to himself, so I just got a piece of chicken and salad. The burger must not have been all that good because Brantley ended up only eating half of it. Of course, that could have been because he wanted to go play. Lawson didn't get off work until 6 so there wasn't any food by the time he got there. Prior to hooking up with Ben and his mom, I had taken Brantley up to the fifth floor. When I told him about visiting my building, he asked how many floors it was. I told him 5. Then he asked what floor I was on. When I told him the top floor, he thought that was cool. Our building has lots of security features and we have 24 hour security guards. They had a guard posted on each floor for the event. As we were walking to my cube, Brantley exclaimed, "Everyone has a white board. This is awesome!" He was so excited about the white boards. I had no idea. That's all he wanted to do when we got to my cube. He drew a couple pictures, erased them, and decided to give me a math lesson. Then, all he wanted to do was math. My co-workers kept asking him to draw a pictures and they thought it was funny that all Brant wanted to do was math. Then, he grabbed one of my notebooks and started looking at a contract. My manager said, "I think all he wants to do is work!" I haven't decorated my cube much yet. We are allowed to do whatever we inside the cube, except no plants and no pets. I haven't really gotten settled because I'm not sure how long I am going to stay here. I've been considering looking around. It's been a year now and I'm not feeling like this company is a good fit for me. Who knows though.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment