Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Monday, April 21, 2008

Heartbroken

Well, Brantley did not make the team. He did do really well, but they only picked 12 kids out of over 30 that tried out. They were only calling those that made the team, but because the coach knows Brantley, we got a courtesy call. He said that Brantley scored better than most of the kids that tried out, but there were 12 that scored better. Lawson and I both took that to mean Brantley was #13 (I know...probably not). I didn't tell Brantley that he didn't make it. I decided to let him listen to the message instead. The way the coach started the message, Brantley thought he made the team. When coach said he didn't make it, his heart sank. He put his head down while he listened to the rest of the message and he started crying. I don't think he even listened to the part of the message saying how well he did and to keep working at it. He's over it now, though. He really just wants to start playing real games (keeping score, outs) and he will get to do that in the 7/8s, I think. I'm actually kinda relieved. Those tournaments would have been really tough and I don't think he's ready for that yet.

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about this. Thinking about Brantley with his head down brok my heart. Poor kid!