Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Soccer

Just when I thought that soccer wasn't going well...Brantley missed the last practice and the last game because he was sick. Today, we made it to practice and again Brantley got hurt. Probably 10 or 15 minutes into practice Brantley was out there crying. I didn't see what happened but I went out to get him and carried him off to the side. He just wanted to go home. Finally I coerced(threatened with everything I could think of) him to get back out and practice. The rest of practice went smoothly with only 1 other kid crying. After practice, the coach (assistant really) came up to me and said "He's really good. He has the best control and coordination of any of them." I told him that I didn't know where he learned it, he just came home from pre-school one day knowing how to dribble. He said "Some kids are just naturals." Now, uncle Matt isn't the only one who thinks he's a natural. After we left I really tried to play it up to Brantley and tell him not to be afraid to get the ball. Be aggressive. Get the ball. SCORE!!!

No comments: