Baseball Swing
Monday, August 28, 2006
After-care
Well, today was Brantley's first time in after school care. He didn't like it. My idea was that he would get to play for 45 minutes or so instead of sitting on a bus. The problem is that they spend the first 10 or 15 minutes checking everyone in and getting organized. Then they give the kids a snack. When I got there, Brantley was just sitting there. He looked so sad, and relieved that I was there. I thought he was going to cry, and I was just about to myself. They had all kinds of cool centers and things. Brantley saw a box of pirate toys and another box of dinosaurs as we left. But, to get to play he'll have to be there longer than I wanted him to be there. He really wants to ride the bus home, but I just don't know. The bus really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The driver seems really nice and Brantley seems to like it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what works for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I talked to Dibby yesterday and she mentioned how you weren't happy with after-care so far. How was it on Day 2? If Brant did take the bus,are you worried you won't be home to get him off the bus? I always hated the bus - but then again was a nerd who sat in the front. I'm glad Brantly likes it!
Today was better. He was playing 'Hot Hoops' with and older boy when I got there. He seemed to be enjoying himself. I met the main guy on Monday and one of the other guys introduced himself to me today. He commented on how quiet Brantley was. I explained that I didn't think he was adjusting very well. Hopefully, he will start to make friends and it will be all better.
Post a Comment