I was worried about Mel this morning. He has been a very active crab, but lately he hasn't really been moving about much. When I looked in on him this morning he as sitting in his food shell not really moving. I picked him up and he moved a little so I figured he was eating. When we got home, Brantley and I both exclaimed, "Oh no!" This is what we saw.


We thought he came out of his shell and died. As I reached in to pick up his shell I was relieved to see him still in there. Apparently he molted during the day today. I didn't think he would do it out in the open like that. Hermie always buried himself when he would molt so we never really saw it. He would just disappear for a while. You could always look under the bottom of the aquarium and could usually see him moving. So, Mel lives to see another day. Wonder if he will actually look bigger when he's done?
No comments:
Post a Comment