Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brantley's first library card

I'm really not sure why we hadn't already done this, but tonight we went to the public library and got Brantley a library card. He asked me yesterday about going to the library and I decided I needed to encourage the interest. I've never really been an avid reader. My mother says that I started reading when I was three, but I don't remember ever really enjoying reading. I have to have absolute quiet to read. Any distraction just makes me mad and I can't comprehend what I'm reading. I'm more of a numbers person. Give me a book of numbers and I'd probably be able to recite it to you backwards and forwards. Brantley was really excited to get his own card. We spent about a hour picking out his books and he checked them out. He got (and is reading first) Vampire Brat, Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom, and Z-Rex The Hunter Book 1. He gets to keep them for 3 weeks. They are actually all big books so I'll be impressed if he finishes them in 3 weeks.

No comments: