Today in Brantley's folder was a letter about the holiday plans for not just his class, but all of the third grade classes. Instead of exchanging gifts they are collecting items to donate to two local charities. One is a ministry that has a "store" of sorts where families who qualify can go and get things for Christmas. The other is a non-profit nursing home. So tonight while we were out we bought some items to donate. Brantley helped pick out what we got. A couple in the store overheard what we were talking about. They had recently held a food drive for the ministry and thought what the kids were doing to help out was just wonderful.
Tomorrow is our annual holiday shopping day at my company. This is one of this things that I love about my company. Instead of spending money on a stuffy holiday party they give us each an "angel" to shop for then they bus us all over to Wal-mart to shop. Last year I had the privilege of shopping for two children in need and I believe the company spent about $140,000 on gifts for about 800 children. It's a tradition they started years ago and a wonderful way to give back. I've got my Santa hat ready! Let's do some shopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment