Baseball Swing
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
No more cross bite
Brantley had his checkup at the dentist yesterday. He saw my dentist for the first time instead of the pediatric dentist we had been going to. They made me mad the last time he had a checkup so I decided to move him. I didn't force him. I gave him the choice and he wanted to change. He never liked going to the dentist. I had told my dentist that Brantley hated going to the dentist and that he gagged really easily. The hygienist made the visit really fun for him and they used a little trick to keep him from gagging while doing his x-rays. She put a little bit of salt on the tip of his tongue and on the the x-ray things that they put in your mouth. He didn't gag even once. I don't know if there is something scientific about it or if it's all mental, but it worked. He felt like he was eating french fries. The hygienist was so fun and Brantley was having a great time. He even liked the dentist when he came to take a look at his teeth. When Brantley was about 4 his dentist told me he had a cross bite and would need to have braces if his permanent teeth didn't come in better. The other dentist hasn't mentioned it since. So, I asked my dentist about it and he said Brantley's permanent teeth have come in very well and his cross bite has corrected itself. He does have a lot of crowding, but nothing too serious. He will eventually need braces, but probably not for a couple more years at least. As we left Brantley said, "Mom, I want to come back here!" He had a big smile on his face when he said it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment