Getting up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday is not my idea of fun. Brantley had the 8:00 game this morning, and since they haven't had practice or a game in 3 weeks, coach wanted them there at 7:15 to warm up. It was a good idea because it didn't look like any of them had picked up a basketball since the last game, but it was tough getting out of bed this morning. They started out the game on fire and I thought it was going to be a blow out, but the other team came back and tied it up after our best player hit his scoring limit. They are limited to 16 points and then can't shoot any more. I'm not sure the other players knew that he couldn't shoot because they kept passing it to him. I was really hoping we wouldn't have to go to overtime. The team pulled it out with a 28-24 win. Brantley did score a basket in the first period and got to play point guard a couple times in the fourth quarter. I think he's the only other player that has gotten to play point guard besides the coach's son. Go Huskers!
On another sports note, I believe that Uncle Matt is running in the S"No"W Fun run right now. Wish him luck! If if hadn't been for Brantley's game, Lawson would probably be there with you. Maybe we should re-think this whole basketball thing.
1 comment:
I had my personal best time for the S-No-W Fun Run this year.
Wooooohoooo!!! :)
Uncle Matt
Post a Comment