Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Election

Yesterday was 2 weeks from my surgery so I'm allowed to drive now. Brantley didn't have school yesterday so we got up early to go vote. Lawson had early voted but I didn't get to. My voting location was Brantley's school so it was really close. I remember my mom taking me when I was little so I think it's important to introduce our children to the process. Brantley had already been talking a lot about the election. They had a mock election at his school so he got to vote. We both got 'I voted' stickers. The touchscreens are just not as fun as the old booths used to be. I remember going in and closing the curtain, making your selections and then pulling the lever. Brantley didn't get to experience that but he still thought it was cool. And, it only took about 30 minutes which was about all I could take standing in line.

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

I think it's good that brantley went and it seems a lot more schools have mock elections. i never had this growing up. anywho, glad to know that you can get out of the house now, hope you're feeling better!