Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Three days of trouble

For the most part, Brantley is well-behaved. He's always good at school and it's rare for him to get a bad report. But, recently there have been some teacher issues and I'm afraid all of the changes have had an adverse affect on Brant. Friday, I was told that Brantley and 4 others were standing in a circle throwing wood mulch at another child. Monday, Brantley was wrestling with another child and he bit him. He said the other child hit him so he bit him. I explained that wasn't a good choice and that he needed to tell his teacher if another child hits him. He got to watch no TV last night. Today, another incident report. The teacher didn't see what happened and thought it was an accident. This time, Brantley said one child hit him so he hit another child. The child he hit got a bloody nose. Granted, the child that got the bloody nose gets them easily, but still. I can't believe this behavior. They are supposed to have a new teacher starting tomorrow. I'm hoping he just needs some stability in his classroom. He's still a creature of habit at this point and when his life is disrupted, it causes problems. If something happens tomorrow, I'm going to have to come up with a new punishment.

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Has this started Angie because he is changing teachers? And it looks like other kids are involved so maybe it's a global issue. In any case, maybe it will all stop when they get the new teacher -- let's hope soon!