Baseball Swing
Monday, February 07, 2011
Book Trouble
Friday Brantley asked me for a book. He wanted Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I didn't ask why but said we could look for it. I had a B&N gift card so we went to look around Saturday. They had the book, but Brantley said it had the wrong cover. What do you mean it has the wrong cover - me thinking about the old saying don't judge a book by it's cover. Brantley seemed upset but would not tell me why we couldn't buy this book. We left the book store without said book. So, Sunday Brantley copped up to what happened. They have a book club in his class and he had a copy of that particular book. Somehow the cover got ripped off the book, no doubt it happened while he hurriedly yanked it out of his desk at school. He was so worried about it and just wanted to get a replacement. I explained to him that all he needed to do was let Ms. B. know what happened and give her the replacement book. It wouldn't matter that the cover was different. So Lawson and Brantley went out Sunday to pick up the book. Brantley insisted that I go in with him when he gave the book to his teacher. I really don't know why he was so worried about it. He showed her the torn book and told her he bought a replacement. She thanked him for the replacement and told him that was perfect. He had a problem and he solved it. She asked where the cover was for the original book and told him she could probably fix it (what I also told him I would do) if he had it. He was very relieved. When I picked him up today I asked if he found the cover and he happily said yes. Problem solved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brantley,
We understand.
Post a Comment