Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Break

For Fall Break we went to Chicago to finally meet Brantley's new cousin. He's almost 3 months old and this has been our first chance to visit. It was actually nice because it gave the new parents time to adjust to having a new baby in the house and we didn't feel too much like a burden. We got there late Friday night so Wes was asleep. Brantley was so excited to meet his new cousin that he did go in a peek in to see him asleep. When Wes woke up at midnight or so, I thought "that doesn't really sound like a screaming baby." His cry actually sounded cute, and Brantley slept through it. Guess it's been too long since I've been around a baby.

The whole weekend was pretty low-key. Saturday night we went to attempt Brantley's first tour of a haunted house. Brantley chickened out so I got to wait outside with Brantley while Lawson and Matt went inside. Just as well because I wasn't all that thrilled to be going in myself. Yes, I'm a chicken. Since we couldn't get a refund for the tickets I told Brantley he owed me the money since he chickened out. After we went to Sonny Acres Farm and we went through the Spook House (very tame and cheesy), he decided to try again Sunday evening with Uncle Matt for the real haunted house and SUCCESS! Brantley went through his first Haunted House. He can't wait to go through another one.

We did get some pizza (a must in Chicago) and finished the weekend at Portillo's Hot Dogs where Brantley got what else but a cheeseburger. I didn't take very many pictures but did get some from Rosemarie to add to mine.


No comments: