Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

We brought someone new home from the beach...


Meet Melkey, or Mel for short. We brought a new crab home last summer since Hermie had died and it didn't last very long. Brantley really wanted a new one and he paid for it with his own money. We picked him out and on the way back to the condo we were discussing what to name him. I said his shell looked milky and I think Brantley heard Melkey. Anyway, he came up with the name Melkey.

We got him home today and all settled into the aquarium, and he's already done something that Hermie never did even once in the 4 or 5 years that we had him. Melkey decided to change shells. Brantley came and got me and said he thought he was going to do it. I got in the living room and we watched him as he was checking out one of the empty shells. Once he decided to change, he did it really fast. The picture above is after he changed shells. I don't think the one he changed into was any bigger so I wouldn't be surprised if he changes again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something about this image being deleted/ But we can see it. Mel looks good. Does anyone
see the same msg about deletion etc???
Go Mel!
Love Pop & Grandma

angie said...

I think it was my background image causing the error.