Baseball Swing
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Spring = Baseball
Yes, that's right folks. It's time for baseball again! This season we are cheering for the Rays! Yesterday was their first scrimmage with games starting next weekend. Brantley used his new bat in the scrimmage. He needed a heavier bat and the one I found for him is a composite bat as opposed to an aluminum bat. Composite bats are supposed to be broken in before really hitting with them. We went through 2 buckets of balls with it, but didn't get to soft toss Friday evening because I wasn't feeling well. Brantley decided to use the bat even though it wasn't fully broken in. He sent the ball sailing almost out of the park on his first at bat. It was weird because the composite bats don't make the same sound as the aluminum bats do. So, when he hit it there wasn't the crack that let you know it was an awesome hit. He got a triple out of that one. He had 2 more at bats. One should have been a double or a triple but the coach at first base told him to stay. The other was a single. One of our dads came over to me and said another coach was scouting my boy. How funny! Another funny from the game was the other team had "Mario and Luigi" playing for them. I didn't put that together until I heard our boys saying it. I guess Mario isn't a completely uncommon name, but Luigi has to be a rare name around here. Anyway, the Rays won the scrimmage 14 to 4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment