Baseball Swing
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Replacing the CR-V
We've had our CR-V for almost 11 years. We bought it brand new and it now has 210k miles on it. It needs some heavy work done to it now, so we decided it was time to get something else. We drove a new CR-V and a new Pilot. The CR-V was fine. A little better than our old one but really nothing special. The Pilot was really nice but out of our price range. I also went to drive a Rav4 but decided it was too small, and the Highlander was too expensive. I also went to drive a Ford Edge. I really like the Edge, but again decided it was more money that we wanted to spend so Lawson didn't go look at any of those. Today, we went to look at a used CR-V, but we got in it and it smelled really bad. We didn't even drive it. We looked at a couple others and the X3 caught my eye. I've wanted a BMW since I was a teenager. So, we drove it. It was so pretty, a gold color on the outside with gorgeous dark brown leather. Brantley didn't like the color of the leather but I loved it. I drove it and of course loved it. But, after really looking it over and sitting in the back seat, we decided it really isn't a family car. I'm sure Lawson had the front seat pushed all the way back, but Brantley really didn't have a whole lot of leg room in it. He's only getting bigger so, alas, no BMW for me. Ten years from now when Brantley goes off to college, I'll be getting my BMW. So, we decided on a pre-owned Honda Pilot. We opted to spend a little less money and get a larger vehicle. I think we made the right decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment