Baseball Swing
Saturday, June 06, 2009
Payback is a .....
Remember I told you that Brantley hit a pop fly that was caught for a triple play. Well, he didn't forget it. Today against the Astros (I guess it's not really payback since it's a different team), Brantley was playing short stop. He made a diving catch and ran to tag second and tagged the runner from first for the triple play. It was awesome. We all went crazy. Jackson gave Brantley a big bear hug and lifted him off the ground. I was so excited for him, especially since he had struck out on his first at bat. I was afraid he had lost his mojo. But, that play got him back in the game and he came back and smacked the ball after that. The Mariners ended the game in the bottom of the fourth, 16 to 6. Now, they get to play the fourth ranked Reds on Monday night. Thank goodness it's not a 7:30 game because they play awful at those late games. If the Mariners win and the White Sox win, they will meet up Thursday night with the winner going on the play the winner of the loser bracket. I know it sounds bad calling it that, but that is what it is. It's double elimination and they have lost a game in that part of the bracket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Brantley!
Post a Comment