Baseball Swing
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Dinosaurs and Caves
Today we went to Dinosaur World. It was okay, but there wasn't much to it. I think Brantley enjoyed it though. Since Dinosaur World didn't take as long as I thought it would, we decided to go to a Cave. We went to Diamond Caverns. There are no diamonds in the cave, but when they caves were first discovered, they saw shiny stones that they thought were diamonds and the name stuck. I was really glad we decided to go to the cave. We were really lucky and ended up getting a private tour. Not that it was really private, just that Brantley and I were the only ones there for the tour. The tour after us was full though. It was really nice having the tour guide just for us. He was really nice and knowledgeable. He had a history degree (used to be a middle school teacher) so he was really into the stories behind the discovery of the cave and the explorations. He kept asking us if we had any questions and we didn't until we got to the part when he turned off the lights. When he turned them back on, Brantley said, "I have a question. How is there a light switch in that rock?" It was really cute and I wish I had gotten a video clip of it. Check out the pics here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The caves look cool -- where were they?
Post a Comment