Baseball Swing

Baseball Swing

Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's been a while

Well, as you have noticed, I have not blogged very much lately. The past few weeks at work were rough on me, and for those that don't know, I had surgery last week. Unfortunately, I've also been working at home while recovering from surgery. My mom came to take care of Brantley for a couple of days. He didn't know I was having surgery until after I had it. He understands doctors and hospitals now and I didn't want him to worry the whole day about me. He's been very concerned with me since. The surgery went fine and I came home that afternoon. I'm proud to report that my lower back which has tortured me for some time has not hurt a bit since the surgery! (The surgery was not on my back, but very much related.) I can lean over the sink to brush my teeth with no pain now. Just try brushing your teeth without being able to lean over the sink! My back pain had overcome my life and now it's gone. It's gone!! It's gone!! I can not tell you how happy I am! Now, I won't be telling Brantley mommy can't do something because her back hurts. I probably still won't be picking him up anymore, though, since he weighs about 45 pounds now. He's getting so big. He's trying to write sentences now, even though he still doesn't seem to have an interest in learning to read. The other new thing is that he loves taking showers now. I guess he saw Nathan take one and decided it was a big boy thing. It's easier for us, so what the heck. Oh, one more thing. Brantley was sitting on the couch next to me a couple days ago and said, "Have you lost weight?" Wonder who told him to say that?

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

I'm glad to hear you're recuperating well -- we'll see you all soon (2 days to be exact!)